mergermarket Releases Q1 2012 League Tables for Global FA Advisers
02 April, 2012
Highlights from the press release include:
- Global M&A falls 31.2% compared to Q1 2011
- Goldman Sachs tops global advisory league table
- Asia-Pacific deals at lowest level since Q3 2009
- Europe only region to show quarterly increase
- Private equity buyouts account for 10.3% of global M&A
Global M&A did not have a bright start to 2012 with 2,483 deals worth US$ 415.4bn announced in Q1 2012, down 31.2% from Q1 2011 (US$ 603.9bn) and 9.8% on the previous quarter (US$ 460.5bn). With the lowest global quarterly total since Q3 2009 (US$ 325.6bn) the first quarter continued an overall downward trend.
Please click here to download the full release.