Mergermarket Group is an independent business news and intelligence service. Unlike any other service of its kind, Mergermarket Group specialises in providing forward-looking origination and deal flow opportunities integrated with a comprehensive deals database – resulting in real revenues for clients.
We’re a global company and we’re growing fast, so we’re continually looking to hire talented people with a drive to achieve new goals and advance their careers. Our culture encourages our people to push boundaries and explore their full potential. We seek people who thrive in a challenging and entrepreneurial environment, and embrace diversity. And we’re looking for people whose innovative ideas will take Mergermarket Group to even greater success. If this sounds like you, we’d really like to hear from you.
Mergermarket Group is looking for a second member to join their Mumbai helpdesk team. The position requires the candidate to provide user desktop support in a Windows environment. In addition to supporting Mergermarket Group’s own applications, the helpdesk team also support users in other remote location throughout the world.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Handle all Level 1 service related calls and if needed escalate to Level 2/3 support
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via ticket system, in person and phone
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources and advise users on appropriate action
- Follow standard helpdesk procedures & processes
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Able to work from 10am to 7pm IST Monday to Friday
- Willing to assist during non-working hours (ie. Weekends) for emergency maintenance or projects that require zero to little down time for users in the office
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Engineering
- Previous helpdesk/support role with two to three years’ experience is a must
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems, PC hardware (Dell) and other network peripheral equipment is a big plus
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection, Deployment of Windows 7/10 via Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, McAfee Drive Encryption, Active Directory User management, management of mailboxes on Exchange 2010 and Office 365 in a big plus
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English
- Valid passport is a must
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Problem analysis
- Eager to learn
- Detail orientated
Qualified candidates should email their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please reference Desktop Support Administrator in the subject line.
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.