We need Software Developers to work with our Product Development Team in our modern London office, situated near St Paul’s in the heart of Tech City. The role will be working on various initiatives, using cutting-edge technologies, but whilst working within a relaxed Agile/ Lean environment and as part of a highly collaborative team.
At Mergermarket we have daily standups and regular retrospectives, enable our tech team members to use 10% of their time to focus on innovation, and promote continued learning through hosting regular ‘lunch & learns’, and ‘lightning talks’. Our Technology & Product Development team build our software incrementally, iteratively, and continuously, so you’ll be able to see new work go live to our subscribers around the globe every week.
We’re focused on bringing a fresh perspective to our technology stack - this means that every project starts as greenfield, offering you the opportunity to decide upon the right tool for the job.
We are looking to hire Senior Software Developers to join our Product Development Team. You will be working closely within a close-knit team of Developers, BA’s, QA’s, Product Owners and Designers.
Specific tasks include (but are not limited to!):
- writing high-quality code, backed by the right tests
- developing services (HTTP or message-based) using a microservice architecture
- deploying, running and supporting the services you build
- mentoring, coaching and motivating the rest of the team
- championing performance, reliability and security of your services
- understanding and contributing to the overall tech architecture
Skills & Requirements
- We’re currently working the following technologies:
- Node.JS, ReactJS, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, SQL-Server, ElasticSearch, Docker, AWS
- Demonstrable expertise and experience in some / all of these areas is therefore required!
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.
Note to Recruitment agencies - We have a strict list of preferred agencies and not looking to renew the list for at least 18 months. Please do not contact our HR, Technology or other teams or send speculative enquiries. Thank you!