MMG- Product Development team is looking for an experienced PHP developers with a passion for writing elegant, well tested code, with a thirst for embracing new technologies.
We’re big advocates of Agile practices. Within our cross-functional, self-organising teams, you’ll find highly empowered developers who have influence over the technical direction and strategy of their products. This means that great collaboration, communication and teamwork abilities are as valuable to us as technical expertise in your field..
We try to nurture a culture of openness and learning through pair programming + and knowledge sharing. We are committed to supporting all the members of the Product Development family in their current roles and helping them to achieve their goals. We are encouraged to learn new skills, regular hack days (10% time dedicated to work on side projects), attend events and share the knowledge they acquire. Everyone participates in the weekly team meeting where achievements are demonstrated and company updates are shared (over a beer).
We have a dedicated office for the Product Development team in the heart of the London (St.Paul’s) and our office space was designed with a focus on collaboration. You’ll see a mix of open areas, quiet spaces and our developers enjoy small luxuries like a pool table, coffee machine and a drinks fridge.
We're currently working with these technologies:
- MySQL/AWS RDS
- AWS ECS
You’ll work on:
- The full software development lifecycle of our LAMP products.
- This includes development of new features, maintenance and investigation of production issues
- Experience working in large-scale, high-volume, data driven applications
- Developing software using PHP on MVC frameworks such as Symfony and Zend, conforming to a test first approach
- Designing and implementing database objects on MySQL
- Developing code using our in-house APIs and ElasticSearch
- Building microservices
- Following continuous delivery methodology
- Liaise with Product Owners to understand business requirements and convert them to a solution design/ acceptance criteria
- Work closely with Test Analysts to resolve QA issues and assist in test planning
- Proven track record in developing microservice architecture web applications
- In-depth knowledge of MVC frameworks such as Symfony and Zend Framework
- Strong object-oriented analysis, design skills and knowledge of design patterns
- Expertise in the administration of all aspects of the LAMP stack
- Excellent database design and development skills in MySQL
- Experience working with Service Oriented Architecture and NoSQL databases
- Experience and enthusiasm for working with DevOps (AWS services) is highly advantageous
- Familiarity with CI systems such as Jenkins or Travis