An exciting new position has come up within the MMG – Product Development Team. We’re looking for a Technical Architect, based in Central London and offered on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with our chief architect our tech leads, delivery teams and business stakeholders to produce high quality solutions to our business demands. You will identify and translate business requirements into a viable solution. Defining the architecture and making trade-off considerations to also ensure technical solutions are selected according to a clear view of the business requirements and constraints.
This role has a hands-on technical aspect and although you’re not required to write code you’ll benefit from having strong technical development background. We are open to high performing Senior Developers looking to make the move into architecture although experience working as an architect will count on your favour.
Specific tasks include (but are not limited to!):
- Designing scalable, robust, secure, maintainable and cost-effective solutions.
- Identifying and managing risks (technical or otherwise).
- Selecting 3rd party providers (databases, message brokers, other SaaS, infrastructure).
- Maintaining our technical documentation and highlighting architectural debt.
- Defining standards, policies and design principles.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in designing and implementing SOA.
- Experience developing and designing services using REST / RPC / MoM (ZeroMQ, AMQP, JMS).
- Experience with Internet architectures including DNS, load balancers, proxies, caches, browser behaviour, HTTP, TLS.
- Previous experience designing and developing CMS and content delivery systems.
- Experience working in Agile Kanban/Scrum/TDD environments where architecture and design is part of the team’s daily jobs.
- Capable of working out solutions while enumerating approaches and doing trade-off analysis to select a suitable one.
- Capable of presenting a solution in different level of detail to different audiences: High-level architecture, Service/Component diagrams, Sequence diagrams, State diagrams.
- Capable of selecting SaaS/off-the-shelf/open source services, tools, languages, frameworks to avoid re-implementing too much in-house
- Experience with public cloud providers such as AWS.
- Understanding of networks and operating systems that allows for designing distributed service oriented solutions.
- Experience working with Relational and NoSQL/Document-based data stores.
- Experience implementing solutions with open source or commercial search engines.
- Experience implementing micro-service oriented solutions.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Communicate directly and effectively with developers and other stakeholders.